Sunday 16 June 2013

Lace Carriage

I am about to try out my lace carriage. I have used it only once. When I bought my Studio 360 back in 1982, I couldn't wait to try out the lace carriage. I made a sweater for my (then) 2 year old daughter. It was a disaster. The stitches kept dropping off the needles and because I didn't really know any better, I wasn't sure how to re-form the stitches.
In the end I had a reasonable looking sweater, with mistakes here and there, but, I put the carriage away and have never even taken it out of the box since.
So why am I taking it out now?
Over the past 3 years or so, I have been a member of 'Machine Knitting' group on Ravelry. The group has been very helpful, with hints, tips, instruction, and links to various places for instructional video's and free patterns.
'Machine Knitting' has some very talented, friendly and helpful members. It is thanks to them that I am willing to brave the lace carriage once more.
Just before I rush into my craft room, I think I will have one more peek at the Ravelry Q&A Tread: Lace Discussions, with my notebook handy.
Happy Crafting everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment