Sunday, 16 July 2017

Santoro Bookmarks

I love reading and papercraft, so I made these bookmarks coloured with Promarkers and Chameleon pens.

Thursday, 14 January 2016

Doll Hat

I made this for my friend Polly.

I made it from unknown yarn in my stash.
Pale green cotton type.
I decorated this hat with cotton lace and fabric roses from The Works.
I also pinned a satin bow at the back.

Pudsey Bear

The pattern states 2 100 gram balls needed, but I only used one.
I am making this for my boss who has promised to donate to Children in Need.
I have finished all the pieces and sewn them up. Now I need to put it all together and embroider the eyes, nose and mouth. ( I keep putting this bit off, I don’t know why)
I have finished the bear.
I knit the eye-patch but I don’t like it, it’s too bulky, so I have ordered some cotton fabric to make a patch.

Land Girl

I made this for my daughter for Christmas. She loves it.
I got the pattern here:

Neck Warmer

I made a bunch of these for Christmas gifts.
This yarn was from Wilco and I made one adult and one child's neck warmer from one ball.

Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Glow Hat

 I bought this yarn at PoundStretcher for £1.49 Qty 1 x 100gms
This yarn is reflective and great for when I am running at night.
Cast on 44 sts
Knit 2 purl 2 rib every row for 24 rows.
Next row - Knit 2 together Purl 2 all across the row.
Next row - Knit 2 Purl 1 all across the row.
Next row - Knit 2 together Purl 1 all across the row.
Cut yarn with enough to sew up the seam.
Using a bodkin or blunt needle, thread the yarn end through all stitches and pull up tightly to close the top.
Sew the seam and fasten off.
Turn up the bottom and there you go.

Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Lace carriage woes

I took out my lace carriage and the pattern drums would not move, not even a little bit. The old saying, 'if you don't use it, you will lose it' comes to mind.
With helpful advice and encouragement from fellow Ravelry members, I decided to try freeing up the pattern drums.
First I took off the plastic cover. Then I squirted lots of surgical spirit over the drums. I put a few drops of oil onto the moving parts, but to no avail, so back to Ravelry for more hints and tips.
Ozlorna advised using a hair-dryer to loosen up the old gunky oil.
I alternated between squirting with the spirits and blowing with the hair-dryer and eventually the drums began to turn. After about 2.5 days things began to move pretty well.
I have just tried the carriage out and lo and behold, it works!
I just did a swatch to try it out and here is the result;
I am very pleased with the result. I over-killed it with the steam in my haste to show off, but I now feel confident that I can now knit something wonderful with my lace carriage. Happy Knitting.